To apply, please fill out the online application form on this page. In the online form, candidates are expected to detail their experience with real-time PCR. Candidates should also upload a cover letter and CV (including publication list, if applicable) in the form prior to submission.
Aldatu is unable to sponsor employment-based visas at this time.
Aldatu Biosciences is an early-stage biotechnology company developing innovative diagnostic tools based on its proprietary qPCR-enabling genotyping platform, PANDAA™. Aldatu is committed to commercializing products that address diagnostic challenges in global health, primarily in HIV and other infectious diseases, and which improve both the quality of patient care and healthcare cost-efficiency. Aldatu is a resident company at Arsenal Lab Space, a biotech incubator in the Boston area.
We are seeking highly motivated and talented scientists to join our Assay Development team. Successful candidates will possess strong molecular biology skills and a demonstrated interest in global health and/or infectious disease. Our new team members will work closely with our Lead Scientists and senior research team to design and execute experiments related to the development and validation of PANDAA-based diagnostic products. Ideal candidates are expected to be independently motivated, goal oriented, technically competent, and able to efficiently work in a team environment. These positions have flexible start dates between early April and early June.
Primary Job Duties:
- Optimization and validation of PANDAA assay design for pipeline diagnostic products in development. These positions will involve close collaboration with the senior research team and extensive qPCR reagent design testing.
- Contribute to all aspects of core molecular biology needs including primer and probe optimization, nucleic acid manipulation and purification, and template synthesis and sequencing. These duties will involve extensive qPCR analysis, as well as PCR amplification/sequencing, digital PCR, gel electrophoresis, next generation sequencing library preparation, and in vitro transcription.
- Implement basic nucleic acid analytical QC methods and documentation for reagent and template inventory and management.
- Organization and presentation of data for both internal use (e.g. regular company meetings) and external use (e.g. NIH progress reports, grant applications, academic and/or industry partner communications, investor meetings, etc.).
Requirements and Competencies:
- M.S., or B.S. with 2+ years of laboratory research experience (undergraduate or post-graduate) in molecular biology, assay development, microbiology, or similar life science field
- Nucleic acid purification and handling experience
- Extensive experience with PCR and qPCR data generation and interpretation
- Interest in contributing more broadly across a growing and fast-paced start-up organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
Preferred / Desired
- Demonstrated interest in infectious disease and/or global health
- Experience with (q)PCR primer and probe design
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following molecular biology techniques: nucleic acid manipulation, Gibson assembly, Sanger sequencing, next generation sequencing (NGS)
- Experience with molecular biology software tools (e.g. Geneious, ApE, Serial Cloner, Artemis)