To apply, please fill out the online application form on this page. Candidates should also upload a cover letter and CV in the form prior to submission.
Aldatu is unable to sponsor employment-based visas at this time.
Aldatu Biosciences is a biotechnology company developing innovative diagnostic tools based on its proprietary qPCR-enabling technology, PANDAA. Aldatu is committed to commercializing products that address diagnostic challenges in global health, primarily in infectious diseases, and which improve both the quality of patient care and healthcare cost-efficiency. Our expanding R&D pipeline includes products for drug-resistant HIV, viral hemorrhagic fevers, and most recently, COVID-19. Aldatu Biosciences is an alumni company of LabCentral and the Harvard Life Lab.
We are seeking highly motivated and talented research associate to join our Assay Development team. Successful applicants will possess strong molecular biology skills and a demonstrated interest in global health and/or infectious disease. Our new team member will work closely with our senior research team to design and execute experiments related to the development and validation of PANDAA™ based diagnostic products. Ideal applicants are expected to be independently motivated, goal oriented, technically competent, and work effectively in a team environment.
Primary Job Duties
- Optimization and validation of PANDAA assay design for pipeline diagnostic products in development and extensive qPCR reagent design testing.
- Contribute to all aspects of core molecular biology needs including primer and probe optimization, nucleic acid manipulation and purification, and template synthesis and sequencing. Including digital PCR, gel electrophoresis, next generation sequencing library preparation, and in vitro transcription.
- Involves extensive qPCR analysis along with basic nucleic acid analytical QC methods and documentation for reagent and template inventory and management.
- Organization and presentation of data for both internal use (e.g. regular company meetings) and external use (e.g. NIH progress reports, grant applications, academic and/or industry partner communications, investor meetings, etc.).
- M.S., or B.S. with 2+ years of laboratory research experience (undergraduate or post-graduate) in molecular biology, assay development, microbiology, or similar life science field.
- Nucleic acid purification and handling experience.
- Extensive experience with PCR and qPCR data generation and interpretation.
- Interest in contributing more broadly across a growing and fast-paced start-up organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience Using Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, SharePoint, and Teams
- Experience with (q)PCR primer and probe design.
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following molecular biology. techniques: nucleic acid manipulation, Gibson assembly, Sanger sequencing, next generation sequencing (NGS).
- Experience with molecular biology software tools (e.g. Geneious, ApE, Serial Cloner, Artemis).
- Demonstrated interest in infectious disease and/or global health.
To apply, please fill out the online application form. Candidates should also upload a cover letter and CV (including publication list, if applicable) in the form prior to submission.
Aldatu is unable to sponsor employment-based visas at this time. Relocation assistance may be available for qualified candidates. No employment agencies, please.
Contact Name: Larry Carrasco, Director of Operations
Salary Range: $57,000 to $67,000
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $57,000.00 – $67,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
To keep out employees safe, we have implemented a split schedule (work in lab/work from home) to allow for proper social distancing.
- Bachelor’s (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative